June 10, 2014

Raspberry Recipe Roundup!




A few weeks ago, I purchased a mature raspberry bush from a fellow military couple that is PCSing soon. This is usually how I acquire all my plants, and then I pass them on when it's our turn to move away. Now, normally I have a pretty black thumb. The Hubs takes care of our vegetation when he can, and then we both pray they survive the times when he's away.

My raspberry bush,
with some fruit beginning to grow! 

BUT, I'm trying really hard not to kill this bush. I really, really want to use the berries to make all kinds of recipes. So, in the spirit of hope I've created a list here of all the cool recipes I've found that use raspberries. Maybe I'll get to try some of them out soon, using fresh berries from my own garden!

Of course I have to start with my very own Raspberry Dessert Sauce! This is sooooo good served over vanilla ice cream.




Here are some of the other raspberry dessert ideas I've found across the web: 

Raspberry Pie with Chambord

Raspberry Truffle Brownies
from Cooking Classy
Martha Stewart's Chocolate Raspberry Tart

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Gelato
by I Dream About Food



Frostbitten Raspberry Cake
by Vikalinka






Raspberry
Lemonade Yogurt Pops
















Of course, desserts aren't the only recipes that utilize fresh strawberries. I love these fresh salads and dressings too!

Grilled Pear Salad with Raspberries 
Raspberry Salad Dressing
Raspberry Yogurt Dressing


Triple BerrySummer Salad


















And check out these amazing sauces and salsas!

Triple Berry Salsa

Raspberry Chipotle Sauce














Salmon with Raspberry Sauce
















Raspberries make great cocktails and smoothies too:

Raspberry Basil Limoncello Cocktail



Red Raspberry Rascal















Oatmeal Raspberry Smoothie














Raspberry Protein Smoothie






What are your favorite raspberry recipes? I hope to make lots of these over the summer, with fresh berries from my plant. Until next time my friends, happy cooking! 














Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife




No comments:

Post a Comment