June 12, 2014

Dreams or Nightmares?

I've always been one of those weird people who remembers their dreams with clarity. I usually know I'm dreaming while I'm actually in the dream, it's pretty cool. Kind of like watching a movie, I just wanna know what will happen next. Hence, I'm fascinated by what dreams are, why we have them, and what they mean.

Last night I had a real doozie. It's stuck with me this far into the day, even after my morning experimentation with iced coffee recipes (coming later this weekend to the blog!). I'm looking it up in my dream dictionary now. I've had this book for ages, given to me by a friend years and years ago (no, I'm not telling you how many years, it makes me feel old!).


Here's a glimpse into my weirdo psyche...


So, I'm flying above the ocean in this crazy hover-type craft. The waves are HUGE, and the sky is pitch black. It's obvious there is a storm coming in, but I'm not afraid. At this point, I realize I'm dreaming, and I want to know what's coming. I sense some action in the future.

As voices come over a loudspeaker, announcing our imminent arrival to a city I can't pronounce, I realize that I'm either famous in this dream world or really, really rich. But I don't know why. What I know is I'm headed to a business meeting. The city becomes clear on the horizon (I'm looking through a large, wall-sized window). The landscape reminds me of New York City, but I know that isn't what I'm looking at.

At this point, I dream jump to a boardroom. The table is surrounded by men and women in business attire and there are charts everywhere. I realize they want me to endorse a product for them…

… bubble gum that changes the color of your hair while you chew it.

I mean, who wouldn't want that??

Just as I'm listening to a bunch of boring facts and figures, a gang of teenagers bursts into the room. They're shouting, and cheering, and basically causing a ruckus. I don't know how I know, but they are there to kidnap me. Two of the business people step forward, a man and a woman. They grab me by the arms and drag me toward a solid wall. As we approach it, the wall dissolves a little and we walk right through it! Then we're running through the walls, it's weird and porous feeling. Kind of like being inside a sponge. I hear the teenagers whooping and hollering behind us, like this is a great game, and I think that I need to find Lucy (my dog) before I can leave the building.  Then I'm completely awake and wondering, what the heck?  

THE END!

Weird, huh?

What are some of your memorable dream moments? Until next time my friends, happy dreaming!



Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife


1 comment:

  1. Bubble gum that turns your hair colors? So did you enforce it? Im looking for it on Amazon...

    ReplyDelete